Transfer Student Programs
Academic advisors assist students as they transition to the University and into their best fit major, with special attention to how transfer students' prior credits may be applicable to UMD degree requirements.
Whether you are a prospective, newly admitted, or current transfer student, find useful UMD Transfer Resources provided by the University's Transfer Experience Network.
For Newly Admitted Transfers
Review UMD Transfer Resources' detailed information for Newly Admitted Transfer Students.
If you would like to discuss your eligibility for your intended Limited Enrollment Program (LEP) major before accepting admission to the University of Maryland, visit our Prospective Transfer Drop-In Advising Hours or email questions to email@example.com.
- Prospective Transfer Drop-In Advising Hours will be held virtually via Zoom. Access the Zoom meeting link during scheduled drop-in hours by clicking on the calendar events listed below.
- Please be sure to have copies of unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended -- our advising will only be as accurate as the information provided.
Prospective Transfer Drop-In Advising Hours
- Tau Sigma National Honor Society - UMD's national honor society for transfer students
- Transfer & Off-Campus Student Life (TOCSL) - Find ways to get involved, get access to university resources, or just meet other transfer and off-campus students
- Transfer Credit Services - Need to have past transfer courses evaluated? Follow the Transfer Course Evaluation Process
- Veteran Student Life - Access the hub of resources that serve veterans and military-connected students, staff, and faculty on campus, including information about Veterans Center (1112 Cole Field House), VA Education Benefits, DoD Tuition Assistance, Veteran Student Life (student organization), and more