Exceptions to Academic Policy
Academic policies and deadlines are crafted by the University to ensure integrity and provide equity for all UMCP students. Exceptions to Policy are not appropriate solutions for problems students can avoid by taking personal responsibility. Our office considers granting "Exceptions" to students who have made a diligent effort to work within the requirements but who encounter problems that are clearly beyond their control.
You should not assume your request will be granted. Take whatever actions are necessary in the event your request is denied.
Requests generally take between 3 to 5 business days to be reviewed. However, this timeline could be extended, due to the complexity and volume of exceptions in a given season. You will be notified via email when your request has been decided upon or if additional documentation is needed. For all inquiries and questions, or to check on the status of your request, email: Ltscexceptions@umd.edu. Do not contact our office by telephone or in person in regard to Exceptions To Policy.
Request to Remain in LTSC an Additional Semester
(Students should apply for this exception if they have earned 60 credits, also have a "Must Declare Major" block on their registration, and meet the other criteria for consideration)
Type 1 Exception
(Any of the following exception requests)
- Register for more than the allowed number of credits (20 or more fall or spring)
- Take courses concurrently at another school during the fall or spring
- Repeat a course by transfer
Type 2 Exception
(All other types of exception requests)
- Exceptions are only given in rare and extraordinary circumstances in which a problem is out of the control of a student and not predictable.
- A written explanation detailing the reasons behind the request is mandatory. Take the time before submitting a request to develop a clear, thoughtful, and concise presentation. Explain what the problem is, the origin of the problem, and how you will fix this type of problem in the future.