Skip to main content

Letters and Sciences Change of Major Workshop Form

In response to university guidance regarding COVID-19, Letters and Sciences has decided to discontinue in-person meetings/events. Our office will not be open for students to visit but there will be alternative advising services provided.

The online change of major process is designed for students who would like to change from a degree-granting major into Letters and Sciences (undeclared).


To sign up for this workshop, students MUST meet both of the following criteria:

  1. Current major must be outside Letters and Sciences.
  2. Student should have no more than 59 credits upon entering Letters and Sciences.
  3. Freshmen Connection students can sign up for a workshop once the fall semester begins. To change your major prior to the start of the fall semester email

Things To Remember

  1. To become an undeclared student, you must complete all steps of the process.
  2. Only Students with less than 60 credits can register.  If you have 60 credits or more, please contact the Transitional Advising Program
  3. Students over 48 credits can only remain in LTSC one semester.  The University of Maryland requires all Students be in a major by 60 credits.
  4. After they complete the process, students will be allowed to use Drop-In Advising or email, until they are assigned to an advisor. Students will be provided with additional details on advisor assignment via email.
  5. All workshops scheduled prior to April 10th have been cancelled and students previously registered must complete the online process instead. Depending on new guidance on COVID-19, future workshops may or may not take place in-person.

Complete the Following Steps:

  1. View LTSC Advising Presentation or Click Here

  2. Complete the Quiz or Click Here

  3. Complete the Online LTSC Advising Agreement and LTSC 2-Semester-Plan (Click Here)
  4. Once all steps are completed, an LTSC Advisor will review your materials and contact you to let you know if there are any issues, or if your change of major has been processed.