Mission and Goals
The Office of Letters and Sciences develops and directs programs that are essential to academic advising, providing students with recruitment, orientation, academic advising and support programs that will prepare them to achieve their educational, personal, and professional goals.
Our staff provides quality academic advising and support for nearly 4,000 students who are deciding on degree-granting majors. Dedicated advisors assist students in developing a Four-Semester Plan, in choosing courses to satisfy general education requirements, in making a smooth transition to a degree-granting major, and in applying to Limited Enrollment Programs (LEPs). Letters and Sciences students are required to engage in co curricular experiences that affirm their choice of major, to utilize electronic resources on campus and to make informed decisions about their academic future.
In LTSC we will:
- Provide quality advising to assist students in making a smooth transition to a degree-granting major.
- Aid students in choosing classes to satisfy their General Education (Gen Ed) or CORE requirements.
- Assist students who are interested in applying to Limited Enrollment Programs.
- Promote involvement in outside the classroom learning experiences.
- Empower students to make informed decisions about majors and careers.
- Assist students with the development of a Four Semester Plan.